"Until our level of consciousness is raised, nothing will be visible but unconscious acts."
- Bruce D Schneider
We acknowledge the current and longstanding issue of racial inequality and stand firmly with our black brothers and sisters - now and always.
We take diversity, equity, and inclusion seriously and recognize this is bigger than an immediate statement. iPEC, by the nature of the work we do, impacts the lives of millions of people. This is a responsibility that we do not take lightly and, as such, are moving with intentionality and purpose so that our efforts are profound and sustainable.
- We have entered into a strategic partnership with a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Expert to help us navigate the myriad of factors which play a role in the intersection of DEI and coaching, as well as to ensure we are looking at ourselves and contributing to sustained change in the coaching industry with an objective and thorough lens.
- To ensure we are thinking globally and “wholistically” (spelling intentional) about how to transform coaching as a practice beyond iPEC, we are partnered with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) to support and explore how the coaching industry can combat social injustice.
- We are consulting with marketing experts on implementing DEI strategies within our marketing campaigns.
- Over the next several weeks, we are holding focus groups comprised of DEI experts and coaches from our community to help us:
- Revise our curriculum to include more specific DEI references, examples, and sensitivities.
- Develop a DEI Specialty library so coaches can learn about and then actively support social justice efforts through coaching.
- Initiate immediate and ongoing dialogue, webinars, and other helpful resources specifically for our current coach community’s development.
This is the beginning of our learning that we intend to continue for as long as iPEC exists. Because while the need for learning is endless, so too is our commitment to raising the consciousness of the world, one person at a time. That’s the mission we’ve always been on. As we raise the consciousness of the world, we aim to purposefully stand against social injustice.
We hope you’ll join us—by teaching us, by learning alongside us, and by committing to raise the consciousness of the world, simply starting with self.